The durability and reliability of your roofing system are determined by two factors, installation, and materials. At Royal Roofing Inc. we can guarantee the quality of both as our highly trained technicians use only top-of-the-line materials to create the best roofs in Toronto.
The cost of roofing materials will play an essential part in determining the total cost of the system itself, so if your budget is limited, you will need to choose very carefully. Remember that the price should never be the determining factor as installing a roof made of poor quality materials will actually cost you more because of frequent repairs and replacement. It’s much better to find a suitable financing option that will allow you to pay for a quality roof that will serve you for many years to come.
- Check our Roofing Estimate Calculator
- Call Today: 416-880-7625
Roofing Materials Cost Comparison
Understanding the differences in the costs of the most common roofing materials used in Toronto, as well as the pros and cons of these particular systems, should help you make a choice you won’t regret.
- Asphalt shingles. This is the cheapest and least durable type of roofing. If installed properly, it can offer reliable protection from the elements. However, its lifespan as well as the level of energy efficiency aren’t impressive. This option is a good choice if your budget is severely limited and you don’t plan to live in the house for long, or if you are prepared to pay for a new roof in a little over a decade.
- Metal roofs. There are many types of metal roofing available and the cost of materials, as well as the systems as a whole, vary greatly. The simplest galvanized steel roof may cost about 50% more than asphalt shingles, but our specialists can help you find more affordable options. Copper and stone-coated metal tiles are the most expensive types available, but their extremely long lifespan and beautiful appearance make them worth the extra money. Even the simplest type of metal roof is at least twice as durable as asphalt, and it requires less maintenance. Therefore, the long-term costs will be actually lower.
- Clay tiles. Beautiful and timeless, if installed and maintained properly, a clay tile roof can last centuries. This system is also highly energy-efficient and eco-friendly, so it’s a perfect solution for green homes. However, all these benefits come with a hefty price, so you need to be prepared to make a large initial investment. Note that installing this system will boost the value of your property and the lifetime guarantee for the materials is transferrable.
- Slate. There are several types of slate roofing systems and their costs vary quite a bit. Natural slate is, of course, the most expensive option. However, shingles made from high-quality synthetic slate are quite affordable. These systems are durable and come in a variety of designs, so everyone will find something that will complement their property perfectly.
- GET A FREE ESTIMATE
- Call Today: 416-880-7625
- Green roofs. The cost of roofing materials for this particular type of system varies greatly as there are several very different types available. None of them are as cheap as asphalt and metal, but they literally boost the energy efficiency level of the building. Bear in mind that regular professional maintenance is vital for any green roof.
Remember that while the roof material cost is a very important factor to consider when you choose what roof to build, it’s not the only thing that will affect the overall price. You should use our roofing materials calculator to help you understand how much your dream roof is going to cost you. If the price seems too high, consider changing the system’s design as this will reduce the cost of labor.