Clay Roof Tiles BenefitsClay tile roofs are rather expensive and heavy. Therefore, in order to install this type of roofing, you will need to reinforce your roof trusses. The benefits offered by clay tiles as well as the extremely long lifespan of this system explain the cost of the materials and prove that this roof is a worthy investment. These benefits include but aren’t limited to:
- Fire resistance
- Weather resistance
- A boost in property value
- Amazingly beautiful appearance
An extremely high resistance to weather (snow and temperature changes in particular) makes clay tiles roofing one of the best options for Toronto residents. There can be no doubt that this system will handle the trial of harsh Toronto winters admirably.
It’s true that clay tiles can crack if damaged by debris, so they can suffer some measure of damage during hails. However, the cracked piece can be easily replaced. Overall, clay tile roofing doesn’t require much maintenance and it’s so durable, your repair expenses over the years will be minimal. Therefore, despite the large initial cost, this is a rather cost-efficient option.
You can also find clay tiles for sale or use some old and reclaimed tiles to cut down on the total cost of this roofing system. Our specialists will help you find the most affordable solution so that you can enjoy having the roof of your dreams without exhausting your bank account.
Clay Roof Tiles TypesThere are many types of clay roof tiles on the market today, and each profile is available in a variety of colors. Therefore, you can find the perfect match for any house design. Traditional types of clay roofing tiles are:
- Interlocking clay roof tiles. These are designed in pairs with one tile essentially hooking the other.
- Overlapping clay roof tiles. These pieces aren’t restricted to pairs and are installed by nailing them to the roof structure.
There are two historic clay tile shapes, pantiles and flat tiles. However, over the years they have developed a great number of variations.
The most popular options you can find in Toronto are:
- Flat clay roof tiles. Flat clay tile shingles may seem rather plain, but they look very smart and elegant. The most common variations are English, closed, and slab shingle as well as French clay roof tiles. The latter option has the most elaborate profile.
- Pantiles. The vast majority of historic clay roofs have variations of pantiles tiles. They include Barrel, Mission, Roman, Greek, and Spanish clay roof tiles.
Premium-quality clay roofing tiles are manufactured or handmade. The leading brands in this industry are:
Each brand offers tiles in the traditional red as well as a variety of other colors. Our specialists will provide you with samples so that you can see how these tiles will look in different lighting.
Concrete or Clay Roof Tiles?
As far as roofing materials go, concrete tiles are rather close to clay in both characteristics and price. They are a bit lighter, cheaper, and a lot less durable. A clay tile roof will last over a century with proper maintenance, but concrete only comes with a 50-year warranty.
All in all, a clay tile roof is a fabulous option for any home that can carry its weight. It will give the building a distinctive look that speaks of luxury and elegance. We at Royal Roofing Inc. will be happy to help you choose, install, and maintain the best clay tile roofing for your house.